Our business is made up of a number of individual all of which are extremely proud of the work they commit towards helping making the station a success and we have already been recognised with receiving our first award.
When you Work With Us, you’ll be a part of something extremely rewarding as everything we do, we do with the community in mind. If this is something you can agree with you might be the perfect fit for Chesterfield Radio and in return we will give you all the training you want.
Our current vacancies are detailed below.
***Voluntary Trainee Position***
Fancy getting involved in radio broadcasting? Not sure where to start? Chesterfield Radio could be the answer! After our recent success in winning the Midland Enterprise Award for ‘Best Community Radio Broadcaster – East Midlands’ we’re looking for a station producer to join us.
This is a crucial role and as station producer you’ll manage and work with broadcasting assistants, presenters and DJs, engineers and IT staff. You’ll make sure that shows run as planned and that they’re tailored to key audience demographics. You may also be responsible for the business and commercial management of a programme.
Radio producers are the organised and creative people who coordinate the content of radio shows. Also, as part of the job role you’ll ensure our shows are put together and all scheduling is handled in a professional manner ensuring our listeners have the best possible experience. If you’d like to join the award winning Chesterfield Radio email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
*Please bear in mind at present this is a voluntary position as all members of our team are giving their time for free. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has an ambition to get into radio as we will provide all the required training an work with you o your development. With ex-national and regional FM presenters, you can be sure you’re joining the best team possible!
In general, your tasks include:
- Generating and researching ideas for programmes
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
- Undertaking editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary
- Contributing to, and making use of, an archive of audio resources which can be re-used
- Responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
- Producing and making use of user-generated content
- Using technology, such as Myriad Playout, Myriad Anywhere and Audacity, for editing and production purposes
To be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work as a part of a team and also independently
- Good organisational skills and an ability to cope under pressure
- An awareness of current affairs and good general knowledge
- A real interest in, and curiosity about, all sorts of people
- A lively mind, able to make connections between different ideas and subjects
- The ability to get to grips with new subject matter quickly
- A willingness to embrace new technology and learn technical skills
- Self-confidence, persistence and determination to overcome rejection.
The most important quality is a passion for radio, so:
- Be clear about why you want to work in broadcast
- Take an interest in the changing face of the radio industry, key developments and their impact on radio output
- Listen to a range of radio programmes in your area of interest
- Email presenters with comments on their programmes
- Take and make opportunities to meet those already working in radio – most people love talking about programmes they have made.
To register your interest and apply for this fantastic opportunity email a copy of your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Sales Manager Job Description
Due to continued growth and success within the business we are now looking to recruit a sales manager to work alongside the station director to drive the business onto the next level. Radio advertising and sponsorship plays a key role in the long-term sustainability of the business so we need to maximise sales to ensure our continued success.
To succeed in this role you will required to use the following skills and methods:
- Use resources to locate leads and turning those leads into conversions
- Develop innovative and influential sales pitches
- Talented in the fields of management customer service marketing analysis etc.
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities
- Contact existing clients to arrange the scripting brief and script writing of advertisements they have agreed on and ensure an ongoing relationship
- Already established network of contacts in place ready to be utilized for finding new business (Beneficial)
- Research client needs and explain the benefits of buying advertising space, responding to any objections
- Plan, implement, and achieve targets and forecasted revenue
- Negotiate pricing and contracts while adhering to established budget yields
- Follow and analyse competitive media to determine potential business leads
- Prepare original and compelling sales material for meetings
- Conducted strategy sessions with management and sales team
- Put together, promote and sell radio advertising packages
- Use range of media channels to locate fresh business prospects
- Explain pricing costs to potential clients and negotiate a fee where necessary
- Account manage an existing client to ensure their needs are satisfied and they are happy with the service
- Promoted program sponsorship and advantages at tradeshows
- Work with production teams to ensure that agreed advertisements are carried in the right place and at the right time
- Manage client care from first contact through contract signing and follow-up
- Track purchases and keep record of sales, contacts and deals
- Work to maximise sales and meet targets
- Deliver sales reports to management
A basic educational standard, such as five GCSE A-C grades, including English and Maths is required to succeed in this role.
This role is rewarded with a commission only salary but the potential earnings are unlimited.
To apply for this or any of our vacancies, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com